You know that a computer virus can be a huge problem . It can affect your desktop’s performance. And sometimes, it eats up your important files. But as a user, do you know how you can prevent these viruses from disturbing you? I have collated some great tips from different experts. You better try those. That way, you won’t face future problems regarding viruses that your computer can get.
As always, “prevention is better than cure”. There are 5 prevention tactics that I have in mind.
1) Scan the site first. As much as you want to check out different sites, you need to be very careful. A lot of websites contain different worms and viruses. Once you go there, your computer will automatically be affected by unwanted ‘elements’. If you are in doubt it may be a wise idea to enter the site into Google first. If Google says it is unsafe, it is probably right.
2) Don’t open suspicious email messages. You received an email that says, “You won 1 Million Dollars”. I suggest that you put it in your spam folder. If you really want to know what is in it, you can scan it first with your virus scanner. These email messages usually contain a computer virus. You will be sending the same message without your consent. Don’t let that happen. It can be very embarrassing to your clients and colleagues.
3) Be careful when downloading files. You want to watch your favorite sitcom and those controversial movies. But don’t get too excited. A lot of computer users became victims of viruses which can be obtained from downloaded files. It is recommended that you get your videos and other downloadable files from well known sources.
Apart from that, stay away from ‘free download sites’. Although sometimes the files are legit, there is a huge possibility that they carry viruses.
4) Install programs that can block these viruses. This is very important if you want to stay away from those irritating viruses. It works like a ‘vaccine’. That means, it can prevent worms and other types of viruses from affecting your computer system. Get an anti – computer virus program that is widely used. Otherwise, it won’t be able to detect and cure all these viruses.
5) Update your anti – virus application. Most people don’t update their anti – virus programs thinking that it doesn’t have any bearing. But that is a misconception. Just so you know, computer viruses evolve day by day. They form really fast. And if you will not update your application, it won’t have the capacity to fix the problem.
It’s fine if you pay a little amount for the updates. It will help you in the long run. If you really want to get a free computer virus scanner, you may want to check out AVG’s scanner.
Fighting computer viruses should be easy. You just need to be smart and cautious. Again, don’t think that updating your anti – virus programs is a waste of money. It will lessen your worries about these worms that might irritate the whole system of your device.